We Welcome new parishioners. Please register at the Parish Office. Please introduce yourself/family to the Priests as soon as possible.
PARISH NEW EVANGELIZATION PROJECT Dear parishioner, we at the parish want to enter into the electronic world, so that we may be available to each one of you through the social media. Our parish wants to be present in your family and in the palm of every parishioner through the web, e-mails, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.We need an EXPERT VOLUNTEER to set up the whole system: a new web page to be updated weekly, a messaging system with texts and e-mails, Facebook, Tweeter and Instagram pages.At the same time we need a DATA BASE system, which will give us the opportunity of reaching out to the many different groups of the parish. We would also like to have an electronic giving system and a possibility of assisting to our liturgies for the home-bound.If you have the knowledge and the expertise (and the time), please contact Fr. Walter at the parish office 905-272-1454. Thanks.
1. Fr. Walterwill be on vacation July 24th until August 10th.
2. FEAST OF THE ASSUMPTION:On August 15th we will launch the activities of the ALTAR SERVERS CLUB. After the evening Mass, we will have a candle light procession around the church and will finish with Eucharistic Benediction in Church. We will present the Altar Servers of the Parish and will conclude with refreshments in the Church Hall. All are invited.
3. ANNUAL MASS for the Faithful Departed on Wednesday, August 16th at 7:00pm at Assumption Cemetery, celebrated by Bishop Boissonneau. In the event of rain, Mass will be held in the Mausoleum.
4. BIBLE STUDY GROUP Summer Schedule Bible Study & Reflection with Fr. Walter
August 17th “Joseph, Son of Jacob”
August 24th “The Kingdom of God”
in Fr. Zanon Hall from 7:40-9:00pm.
There will be no sessions the other Thursdays in July & August. Weekly sessions will resume on September 7th.
5. CATECHISTS NEEDED to form a vibrant 2017-2018 Team We are in the process of forming our Catechetical Teams for Confirmation and First Holy Communion. If you are a practicing Catholic, willing to invest at least 2 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks, eager to prepare our young ones to receive the Sacraments, we want to hear from you. Training and formation will be provided under the guardianship of our Pastor, Fr. Walter. Please call the parish office. There will be an initial meeting Sat., Aug. 19th at 9:00am in the Main Hall.
6. INSTALLATION OF THE PASTOR On Saturday, August 26th, at the 6:00pm Mass, our new pastor will be installed by Bishop Boissonneau. All are invited.
7.THE SCALABRINIAN SISTERS are organizing a bus tour to Chicago, USA from August 31st to September 4th. For more information, please contact the Scalabrinian Sisters at 905-271-1342.
8. ANOINTING OF THE SICKOn Monday, September 11th at 11:00am in church a special Mass of anointing will be organized by the Seniors’ Group for the whole parish. All are welcome, both those in need of healing in body and soul and all those over the age of 65.
9. All volunteers of the parish will have to renew their “Screening Application” as requested by the Archdiocese. Deacon Roy will coordinate the “Volunteers Screening Committee”.
2017 © St. Catherine of Siena R.C. Church